You have a number of ‘Data Subject Rights’. Below is some information on what they are and how you can exercise them. There is more information on the Information Commissioners website www.ico.org.uk
- Right of access – You have the right to request a free copy of the personal information that we hold about you.
- Right to rectification – If you think any of your personal information that we hold is inaccurate, you have the right to request it is updated. We may ask you for evidence to show it is inaccurate.
- Right to erasure (also known as the Right to be Forgotten) and the Right to restriction of processing – You have the right to request that we stop processing, or delete, all of your personal information that we hold. If you exercise this right we will keep a note of your name linked to your request and it won’t prevent us from processing any new information you provide to us subsequently.
- Right to data portability – You have the right to ask us to electronically move, copy or transfer your personal information in a machine-readable format.
- Rights with regards to automated decision making, including profiling – We may sometimes use your personal information to make decisions by automated means. This involves us analysing your account activity including applications, orders, payments etc. We do this to confirm your identity, prevent and detect crime, and lend responsibly. This automated decision making is necessary if you would like to continue to shop with us online. You have a right to reject automated decisions but it may mean that you can only shop with us in our stores.
- Right to withdraw Consent – Where we are relying on your consent for processing you can withdraw or change your consent at any time.
The above rights may be limited in some circumstances, for example, if fulfilling your request would reveal personal information about another person, if you ask us to delete information which we are required to have by law, or if we have compelling legitimate interests to keep it. We will let you know if that is the case and will then only use your information for these purposes. You may also be unable to continue using our services if you want us to stop processing your personal information.
If you have any general questions or want to exercise any of your rights please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Our security procedures mean that we may need to request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you in response to any request.
We encourage you to get in touch if you have any concerns with how we collect or use your personal information. You do however also have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the Information Commissioners Office, the data protection regulator in the UK, their contact details can be found on their website www.ico.org.uk